The EFTC application for the JANUARY 2024 course is NOW OPEN.
Download the application in the sidebar.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application does not guarantee your acceptance into the program. You will be required to participate in a Physical Abilities Test. The date and time of the testing as well as the exercises are outlined in the application.View / Download a Copy of the Testing Exercises
- There will be a practice Ability Test on December 15, 2023, the cost is $25.
- You can register below. Deadline to register for practice is Monday, December 11, 2023.
For questions and/or additional information regarding this course email Krista Powell at email@example.com or contact the Administration Office at (941) 474-3311.
|Application packages available on the website and/or Administration office. ($10 application fee to the Englewood Fire Training Center is due upon submission)
|Completed Applications due by 12:00pm - Return to Administration Office.
|Practice Ability Testing ($25) to participate; Register with Administration Office (Deadline to pre-register is December 11, 2023)
|Ability Test at 9:00am at the Englewood Fire Training Center
|Mandatory Meeting at 5:00pm. (Registering & Fitting for Gear) at the EFTC
|Class Starts at 5:00pm!
As a firefighter, you often risk your life to protect the public and the residents of your local community. The Englewood Fire Training Center prepares you for a challenging and rewarding career as a firefighter as it's cutting edge facility.
Our academy is certified as a fire training center by the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training. Once you complete the academy course, you receive a certificate of completion and are qualified to take the state Fire Fighter certification exams.
To become a professional firefighter in Florida, you must have:
- Certification as either Emergency Medical Responder, EMT-Basic, or Paramedic
- Firefighter I and II Certification
- Completed Florida Firefighter Minimum Standards training (such as SPC's) OR
- Received an equal amount of training in another state as determined by the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training